- Synth Analogue/Subtractive
“Yooz BL-303 is a contribution synth with Big Love to the legendary Roland TB-303. It was originally created for the KVR Developer Challenge 2016 competition.
Version 2.0 includes more beautiful user interface, sounds better and behave more like the original TB-303. The slide is now sliding to the next note and the filter envelope isn’t retriggered. The Accent amount is growing when there are few accent notes in a row.
The sequencer part (including the slide and the accent) is handled with midi notes velocity.
- Shorten the note length a little bit, so it ends slightly before the next note (like the TB).
- Use the Velocity to control the Accent and the Glide.
- Velocity 0 – 9: Slide On
- Velocity 10 – 100: Regular note
- Velocity 101 – 126: Accent On
- Velocity 127: Accent & Slide On
The 303 was originally created in the beginning of the 80’s as a replacement for base guitarists. It didn’t get much success since it didn’t do the job it was meant to and was taken from the shelves two years later. In the end of the 80’s when the house and techno music started to pop up the device was rediscovered and got famous for it’s uniquely acid wobbly sound.”
Visit: Yooz BL-303